SUSTAINABLE AND FORWARD THINKING
A sustainable development built with future generations in mind.
Crown Wharf proposes a masterplan that is ambitious in its approach to sustainability and is built to last for future generations.
We’re aiming to achieve the highest industry standards for sustainability and are exploring lots of different initiatives here, including:
● Soft landscaping features such as rain gardens, green roofs and permeable paving to help mitigate flooding risk
● Recycled materials to create a design that reflects the area’s industrial past whilst bringing in new greenery and public spaces
● Solar panels and air source heat pumps
● A car free development, except for blue badge holders, encouraging sustainable modes of transport
● Excellent provisions for cyclists, with a large number of cycle parking spaces and a new cycle route along the River Lea
Support local biodiversity
Our commitment to sustainability is linked to our formal partnership with the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB). This helps guarantee that our developments not only comply with current biodiversity requirements but will help deliver our longer term ambitions.
This commitment is at the forefront of our design approach, considering the site’s position in relation to the Bow Creek Ecology Park.
Barratt’s credentials – 2021 achievements
trees and shrubs planted or retained
hectares of greenspace created or retained
of schemes with Sustainable Drainage Systems, 68% of which are landscape-led solutions